Monday, April 22, 2019

My German Shepherds First Experience with Cars


​On the ride home from choosing my German Shepherd puppy she cried the whole time… When Kawi was not crying she was asleep and as soon as she would wake up she would go back into crying. She had no idea where she was, why we stripped her from her parents or why she no longer has any of the familiar sights sounds and smells around her. On the ride home she laid on my chest and would slowly creep up to my neck every time she woke up. Once we stopped on the way back we let her out to go to the restroom. At this time she knew she was safe with us but was not sure about all of her surroundings. Kawi walked around for a while then as we were walking back to the car she was a lot less scared about getting in. At this time she started to become comfortable with me and trust me. As we got closer to the house she would not cry anymore and was very calm and enjoyed it. She explored the car and wanted to play with her favorite toy from back where we got her it was a small orange bone. Once we got to the house she was not wanting to get out. She was happy and content in the car. I’m sure she thought “I am never going to find a home for myself”, or “these people keep taking me places I’m unfamiliar with." As she got out of the car my dog Kawi had her tail between her legs and slowly walked behind me smelling anything that she could getting a sense for where she was at. After a small amount of time of getting to greet the cows and cats we had to run back into town to get a few things that were needed for her at the house. From this point on I would always say “Load up”, at this point she didn’t know what it meant but with the tone of my voice she got very excited. As we walked back to the car she was wagging her tail and wanted to get in so bad that she tried to jump and missed the side step of the truck. When we went into town she had had such an exciting day that she did not do anything except for sleep until we arrived at the first store that we wanted to go to.

No comments:

Post a Comment