Monday, April 22, 2019

First Time Visiting the Lake

One day I decided that it would be a good idea to take my puppy to the lake after I found out that she liked water. In all honestly it probably was not a good idea due to the lake still being partially frozen over but i thought it would be a good idea to let her explore something new. When we arrived to the lake it sounded like a drain and she did not like this sound for some reason. It was the wind pushing the ice over top of the other sheets of ice. Once the wind calmed down she started to act more like herself and was having a blast chasing the ball. We went to an area of the lake where there was water and no ice on the edge and she slowly walked in and loved it. She went out far enough to tread water and then came back to me when I called her to me. I started to throw the ball in this open area and she had a blast chasing it and bringing it back to me. I looked over to the dog park area that was fenced in and there was another dog over there. So I decided to take my dog over to play with the other dog that was a beautiful Siberian Husky when arriving they played for a while then we started to throw the ball to allow them to wear off some energy. When my dog Kawi was distracted the Husky ran after the ball. My dog decided that she would run atop the ice to get to the other side of the play area where the husky was. I was almost certain that i was going to be swimming in the water to save my dog. As she ran across the ice you could see the ice move with the weight of the 40 pound German Shepherd run across the ice atop the water. As she neared the other side I heard the ice crack and she jumped off the ice and the end and barely got wet. I was worried and figured that she could get trapped and I was ready to freeze to save my dog. As she crossed and did not fall in relief set over me. The owner of the Husky and I laughed and I was much more cautious of where she was when the ball was thrown because I did not want her to run atop of the ice again.

No comments:

Post a Comment